Community-shared Solar – a no cost“ going green” opportunity for every Business and home
Commonwealth Green Solutions is proud to work with your local energy provider to bring this initiative to you.
Every day you drive by that building with the shiny new solar panels on the rood and you wonder – why aren’t we doing that? How much did that cost? How soon will it pay for itself? You researched the idea and discover that installing PV’s on your building is not feasible or financially possible right now. You are disappointed that your forward thinking of “doing something green” and cutting utility costs is going to have to wait.
Not True The Commonwealth of Massachusetts SMART (Solar Mass Renewable Target) is one of the best initiatives in the country and designed for the small business and residential consumer.
We are surprised at how few businesses, homeowners and renters are aware of the SMART Program brought to you by your local Massachusetts utility companies. The program encourages you to take advantage of the 10% discount on your entire electric bill.
In addition, your desire to participate in the use of renewable energy sources would also be satisfied since this program is made possible by the ground mounted (ROOFLESS) solar arrays that you drive by every day! This is an affordable program because it is available to you at no cost.
At this point, we usually get one of the following two responses – “That sounds too good to be true” or “that sounds like a no brainer – sign me up.”
If you are in the later category, the time to act is now. There is a limited number of solar farms, and there are caps on the available discounts. This program is offered on a first-come, first-serve basis. If you are interested in learning more about the program, please contact us. If you would like to sign your business up for the SMART program and start receiving substantial discount, please do not hesitate to give us a call.
Your community Solar Membership
How it works
- A solar farm is built near your community that generates solar credits
- We determine how many solar credits you need for maximum discount
- You sign up for a share of solar credits that will reduce your monthly utility bill
- You save 10% on your monthly energy costs
- No money down – signing up is free and you only pay for the solar credit you receive
- No Installation – you do not have to install solar panels (or buy them to take care of them)
- Save Money – 10% savings on your monthly energy costs
- Community-Join your neighbors in promoting a cleaner environment.
- Create local jobs and tax revenue for your city or town.
- No termination fee – simply provide 90 days’ notice.
- Clean air –reduces the amount of fossil fuel needed to generate electricity.